This release mainly fixes compilation issues with kernel 2.6.22. Two NULL pointer dereferences and a memory leak have been fixed. Some annoyances have been addressed.
More detailed information in the revision log
The following tickets have been addressed in this release:
- #965 [patch] dynamic Beacon Interval (enhancement for STA mode)
- #1195 cp in Makefile install target can break system
- #1221 Standardise Radiotap FCS Handling
- #1388 Channel change behavior is wrong for AP mode
- #1428 ath_hardstart returns 0 even if queue is full
- #1442 [patch] rxantenna value is reset after suspend/resume
- Various mode changing and scanning related annoyances (#572, #228, #275, #254, #352, #378)
- Suspend state not working properly (#201)
- Countrycode regression in recent HAL versions (#120)
- Stability problems when more than one VAP is in active use (#182, many other tickets)
- MAC address changing currently unsupported (#323) / not working correctly (#716)
- Documentation about private ioctl's and other features not 100% complete (#324, #486, #527, #399)
- No support for AR5008 chipsets available yet (#1001) - note: AR5008 support is available in trunk
Main purpose of this release is to fix compilation issues with kernel 2.6.22. In addition some of the work that has gone to trunk since v0.9.3.1 have been backported, for example:
- fix for two NULL pointer references
- a nasty-to-catch memory leak has been fixed
- some improvements related to the wireless extensions
- link stability improved for certain conditions
- some annoyances have been addressed
More details are listed on this page, which also has a link to the exact changelog.
Please note that this release does not add new major features, it's basically a maintenance release. It also has no AR5008 support - however, that support is available in trunk.
We hope you enjoy the new version. As always, your feedback is highly welcome.
-- The MadWifi team