Donation Acknowledgement Policy
- By default a donor's name, country, the date of receiption and the type of the actual donation will be listed on the Donations page.
- Donors may request that their name is kept confidential. In such cases the name of the donor is replaced by "Anonymous" in the acknowledgement.
- Private as well as corporate donors may get a link to their website, using their name as linking text. Optionally, they may provide us with a logo, which then will be added to the acknowledgement of their donation. The logo must be provided in a "ready to use" form, with a maximum size of 100px x 40px and either in .jpg or .png format.
- The project retains the right to deny putting a link and/or a logo online. For example, this could be used if the requested link would point to a website with pornographic or illegal content, or if it's obvious that the sole purpose of the donation is to buy a backlink to a website. A reimbursement of already made donations is not possible in such cases. If in doubt, donors should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to a donation.
- Individuals may request a so called hostname cloak for use in the Freenode IRC network. A cloak hides the real hostname of a user inside Freenode, providing protection against script kiddy / DoS attacks and thelike. At the same time, with a form like "...@madwifi/donor/<nickname>" the cloak gives the users credits for his/her donation to the project.
- Donations exceeding a certain threshold (currently: 100 USD for individuals, 500 USD for companies) will be covered in a news item; the latest three news items are featured on the front page of the madwifi-project.org website.