Preparing MadWifi releases
This is a collection of things that need to be done for releasing a new version of MadWifi.
Work in progress - this page will need to be extended, based on the experiences of the upcoming, very first release.
- Visit the roadmap and make sure that all pending tickets for the release are closed.
- Update trunk/THANKS.
- Run make release in the top-level directory of your working copy.
- Test the resulting tarball.
- Write up "release notes".
- Create a new file release on sf.net.
- Complete the corresponding wiki page for the new release; add page for the next release; update Releases accordingly
- Spread the news (using the release notes from 5) on sf.net, madwifi-project.org, madwifi-users mailing list and freshmeat.net
- Update topic of IRC channel
- Notify various press sources: heise newsticker, golem.de, NewsForge, linux-community.de (and/or the german "Linux Magazin"), ...