MadWifi Project Charter
The project is working on a full-fledged charter but will need more time to finish it. Thus the team has decided that the following minimalistic interim charter shall be in effect until a full charter has been agreed on:
1. Michael Renzmann (email@example.com) acts as interim liaison for both, SPI and FFIS (liason for short). He is authorized by the team to fulfill the tasks outlined by SPIs Associated Project HowTo, section "Your Project Liason". This authorization is valid for transactions with SPI and FFIS.
2. The team may decide to replace the liaison with another member who in a vote has received more than 50% of all votes cast (simple majority). See also 4.
3. All decisions regarding the use of assets managed by SPI or FFIS on behalf of the project (such as donated funds) need to be authorized by an affirmative vote of 66% of all team members. See also 4.
4. The authoritative list of team members is available here, the liaison is responsible to keep it up-to-date. Eligible to vote are all current team members, each member has exactly one vote. Voting must take place on the publicly accessible mailing list madwifi-devel. Only those votes are taken into account that appear on the mentioned list.
5. The team should decide on a final charter until May 31, 2008. Once that has happened the interim liaison informs the boards of SPI and FFIS about the result of the decision. At that point this interim charter will be replaced by the regular charter the team has agreed on, and a regular liaison will be elected as specified in the regular charter.