Please note: This project is no longer active. The website is kept online for historic purposes only.
If you´re looking for a Linux driver for your Atheros WLAN device, you should continue here .

Ticket #1755 (new defect)

Opened 14 years ago

Last modified 14 years ago

queuing inaccuracy on madwifi driver

Reported by: paolss Assigned to:
Priority: major Milestone:
Component: madwifi: other Version: v0.9.3.3
Keywords: Cc:
Patch is attached: 0 Pending:

Description

hello We have experienced some problems with madwifi driver and queuing inaccuracy (htb/cbq) if i connect three devices to one ap(mode) madwifi "ath0" and make three classes for each of three users to share bw on interface i have experiencing inaccuracy. the same problem is with one client connected to ap with madwifi driver. if i set to limit this client to some speed (htb) class with rate 128kbit and ceil 128kbit i experiencing (client is downloading using tcp protocol) rates between 64kbit and 256kbit.

I have tested the same configuration with hostap driver and pism cards and the queuing is working fine (if i limit driver to 128kbit i have 128kbit +-10kbit rates on connected client)

I have tested madwifi with different txqueuelen settings on wifi0 and ath0 and best results i have when txqueue is set to 1000 on ath0 and 1000 on wifi0 but rate is fluctuating +-60kbit witch is big inaccuracy.

Connected clients to the ap mode madwifi driver have RSSI=64 and 54Mbit rate. Madwifi was acting in 802.11g mode.

Change History

01/27/08 11:57:37 changed by mrenzmann

Try again with trunk. I vaguely remember that there were changes that are expected to improve "cooperation" with the queueing stuff.